Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing Charter
Have you heard about the amazing deep-sea fishing trips to the Channel Islands? People say the Channel Islands simply rock when it comes to sheer beauty and great fishing. Experiencing it aboard our custom charter fishing boat just makes it that much safer and better.
Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing Charter – The Trip to Santa Cruz Island
Our Channel Island fishing trip is a special time for family and friends. Captain Tony with meet your group of up to 6 people early in the morning when the seas and winds are calm. After going over safety rules and getting your crew acquainted with “Loose Cannon” (your home for the day), your fantastic day gets started.
Tony will light up the Deere Turbo Diesel that powers “Loose Cannob” and begin the 28-mile journey to Santa Cruz Island. Along the way, there is lots to see. As you exit the harbor, harbor seals and sea lions will be popping up to say hi. While cruising to the islands Tony will be calling out pods of dolphin and other sightings. Grey Whales are often seen and Humpback and Blue Whales also visit the Santa Barbara channel.
As we close in on Santa Cruz Island, you’ll be presented with high cliffs rising to plateaus and hills surrounded by the crystal blue seas. It is quite a sight. One of the Santa Cruz’s most popular destinations is Painted Cave, a remarkable natural formation. If the seas are calm, Captain Tony will give you an up-close view.
Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing Charter – The Fishing
Fishing is great along the Channel Islands and why Channel Island sport fishing charters are so popular. Depending on the time of year, water temperature and migration patterns, your group will have an opportunity to hook a variety of fish including:
- Rockfish (mostly Coppers, Vermillion and Lingcod)
- White Seabass
Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing Carters–
Moving on to Santa Rosa Island
Provided the winds do not go crazy, we will move onto Santa Rosa Island. Santa Rosa has great fishing spots due to its squid hatcheries. Large Halibut have been pulled up from the bottom and hooking Yellowtail is not uncommon.
Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing – Trip Details
- Your Channel Island fishing private adventure is a full day, approximately 9-10-hour adventure.
- Loose Cannon can take a maximum of 6 guests. (We call these six-pack charters.)
- The price for your Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing trip is $2200.00
- Your Trip includes:
- High-quality rods and reels.
- All bait and tackle supplies.
- Fish cleaning and filleted to your liking.
Book Your Channel Islands Trip Today
Channel Island Deep Sea Fishing – FAQ’s
- How many people go out on the boat? Our charters are called six-pack charters as we take up to six people on the boat.
- Do you offer 1/2 day charters? Yes, we do offer 1/2 day charters, however, they are not to the islands due to time restrictions. T. Learn more about 1/2 day coastal charters here.
- What time do we depart? Mornings are best as the trade winds pick up in the afternoon making the sea a bit rough. Anytime between 6:00 am and 8:00 am is best. You and Captain Tony will choose the best time for your group.
- What kind of fish do people catch? Rockfish are the most common fish people catch. In addition, Barracuda, Bonita, thresher shark and halibut all swim in our waters.
- Do we need a Fishing License? Yes indeed, a California requirement. There are four ways to obtain your licenses. Click here to read about them.
- What should I wear? Tony recommends you dress in layers. Long pants, shirts and sweat-shirt or jacket for the morning and shorts, tee shirts in the afternoon. Hats and sunglasses are also suggested.
- What can we do to prevent sea sickness? Read our advice about tummy troubles here.
- Who cleans the fish? Captain Tony does the cleaning and filleting. That said, he’s happy to get others involved as much as they are comfortable. Kids and adults alike are awed by Tony’s skill and enjoy learning from a true master of the art.
- Can we bring food and beverages? Yes, indeed and it is highly suggested you do. There are ice chests on board with ice ready for your favorite goodies, snacks, beverages, and lunch.