Half Day Coastal
Sport Fishing Charter Information
Welcome to Santa Barbara Sportfishing Charters. We want to make your time in Santa Barbara extra special with a fantastic 1/2, 3/4 or full day coastal fishing trip. Your time aboard “Rock Steady”, our custom-built fishing boat will be an
Amazing Half Day
Sport Fishing Charter – Starting Out
Your fishing trip will likely begin in the morning when the winds are minimal and the seas calm. Upon boarding “Rock Steady” and putting your food away, Captain Tony will go over safety items, he is a safety-first guy. (See our page about safety features aboard our boat.)
Your group will depart the beautiful Santa Barbara Harbor embarking on a day of great fun, exhilarating fishing and a special time with family or friends. On the way out you will likely see harbor seals as they swim through the docks and waterways. Captain Tony has a sharp eye and will point out the pods of dolphin, and if lucky, whales as you travel to Tony’s favorite fishing spots.
Tony truly wants to make your time on the water special. Before the trip, he will get a sense of what’s important to your crew. If you have kids, be assured they will have a blast learning about fishing, what it is like to captain a boat and be on the sea. He is well known for his warm, engaging manner and delights in helping create great experiences and memories.
“I chartered a trip for my son’s twelfth birthday. After assessing several options, I chose to book the charter with Captain Tony Vultaggio. I am beyond happy that I did. Tony is a consummate professional, but makes you feel as if you are one of his long time “fishing buddies.” We had such an amazing time we are planning another trip”
What Does A Coastal
Sport Fishing Charter Cost?
- 1/2 Day (6 person max) $750 for 5 hours.
- Full Day $1200.00 for 8 hours
Your Coastal Sports Fishing Trip Includes:
- Fish cleaning
- High-quality rods and reels
- Bait and tackle
Sport Fishing Charter – FAQ’s
- How many people go out on Rock Steady? Our charters are called six-pack charters as we take up to six people on the boat.
- Can we go out longer than 5 hours? Yes, we do offer ¾ day fishing charters and full day coastal charters, as well as trips to the Channel Islands and specialty boat trips too. More info about them is found under the Charter Tab at the top of the website.
- What time do we depart? Mornings are best as the trade winds pick up in the afternoon making the sea a bit rough. Anytime between 6:00 am and 9:00 am is best. You and Captain Tony will choose the best time for your group.
- What kind of fish do people catch? Rockfish are the most common fish people catch. In addition, Barracuda, Bonita, thresher shark and halibut all swim in our waters.
- Do we need a Fishing Licence? Yes indeed, a California requirement. There are four ways to obtain your licenses. Click here to read about them.
- What should I wear? Tony recommends you dress in layers. Long pants, shirts and sweat-shirt or jacket for the morning and shorts, tee shirts in the afternoon. Hats and sunglasses are also suggested.
- What can we do to prevent
sea sickness? Read our advice about tummy troubles here.
- Who cleans the fish? Captain Tony does the cleaning and filleting. That said, he’s happy to get others involved as much as they are comfortable. Kids and adults alike are awed by Tony’s skill and enjoy learning from a true master of the art.
- Can we bring food and beverages? Yes, indeed and it is highly suggested you do. There are ice chests on board with ice ready for your favorite goodies, snacks, beverages, and lunch.