How To Get A Fishing License In Santa Barbara CA
There are four ways to get the California required fishing license for your sport fishing adventure. It’s not difficult and if you have any questions, just ask Tony when you book your fishing trip. Santa Barbara Sportfishing Charter’s number is 805-637-3425.
1. By Phone: Call 800-565-1458. Choose the one-day fishing license. You will be given a temporary authorization number (TAN) that you will want to write down and bring with you. Many say this is the easiest way to get a fishing license.
2) In Person at Big 5 Sporting Goods at 3935 State St., Santa Barbara, CA 93105 – (805) 964-4749
3. Online: Since it is a government website, it can be a little confusing. Here are the steps
- Log onto https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales/ and click Login / Register.Fill In your birth date, last name, and driver’s license number.
- Fill In your birth date, last name, and driver’s license number. Click Next and you’ll be creating a New Customer Record.
- Click Next and you’ll be creating a New Customer Record.Fill out all the required information on the next page. Click Save.
- Fill out all the required information on the next page. Click Save.A new page will open. Click Purchase Licenses.Add a 1-Day license to your cart.
- A new page will open. Click Purchase Licenses.Add a 1-Day license to your cart.Click Checkout at the top, fill in billing information, and then press Complete Transaction.
- Click Checkout at the top, fill in billing information, and then press Complete Transaction.
- Your 1-day or 2-Day Passes must be printed out and kept while fishing.
4) Obtained at the dock. Since it takes time away from your trip, Tony recommends getting your license in advance but that is not always possible.
How To Get A Fishing License – FAQ
- Do children need a fishing license? Only guests 16 years and older need a license.
- My spouse wants to go on the boat but doesn’t want to fish. Does he/she need a license? No, only those who are fishing and 16 years or older.
- What kind of license do I need? A 1-day sport fishing license is fine unless you are going to do additional fishing while in CA.